Please note, ELRS is a new open source project so please only order this if you are comfortable with regular firmware updates as the firmware is still in beta. We will only be able to offer limited support due to the early nature of the firmware, but we think this project has great potential.
BetaFPV Nano RX or Lite RX
Nano receiver (2.4G version) is the first and (so far) the only receiver with power amplifier (PA+LNA). It has 100mW telemetry output and better sensitivity when longer range. Lite receiver doesn’t have a PA/LNA on them, so its telemetry power is as what the RF chip SX1280 came with 17mW.
The Lite RX is ideal on small whoops where you care about space and weight, making it the ideal long range whoop receiver at only 0.47g.
- Weight: 0.53g (with Flat SMD ceramic antenna)
- Size: 11mm*10mm*3mm
- Telemetry power: 17mW
- Frequency bands (Nano receiver 2.4G version): 2.4GHz ISM
- Input voltage: 5V
- Antenna: Integrated SMD ceramic antenna
Lite receiver 2.4G version diagram as shown below.
Configuration & Bind
ExpressLRS uses the Crossfire serial protocol (AKA CRSF protocol) to communicate between the receiver and the flight controller board. So make sure your flight controller board supports the CRSF serial protocol. Next, we use the flight controller with Betaflight firmware to show how to set up the CRSF protocol.
The connection between the ELRS Nano receiver and the FC board is shown below.
Enable the corresponding UART (e.g. UART3 below) as a Serial Rx on Betaflight Configurator “Ports” tab.
On the “Configuration” tab, select “Serial-based receiver” on the “Receiver” panel, and select “CRSF” as the protocol. Telemetry is optional here and will reduce your stick update rate due to those transmit slots being used for telemetry.
Nano receiver could enter binding status by power on/off three times.
- Plugin and unplug nano receiver three times;
- Make sure the LED is doing a quick double blink, which indicates the receiver is in bind mode;
- Make sure the RF TX module or radio transmitter enter binding status, which sends out a binding pulse;
- If the receiver has a solid light, it’s bound.
Note: Binding once and the receiver will store the binding information. Re-power and the connect successfully auto.
- 1 * BETAFPV ELRS Lite receiver
- 2 * Spare shrink tube
- 4 * 30awg silicon connection wires (1 black, 1 red, 1 white, 1 yellow)